What Is NFV?
A Software Focus
Network functions virtualization (NFV) is the concept of replacing dedicated network appliances — such as routers and firewalls — with software running on commercial off-the-shelf servers.
Optimizes service creation, activation, and assurance by bringing the benefits of the cloud to the metro edge.
The aim of NFV is to transform the way communication service providers (CSPs) architect networks and deliver network services. Network operations are transformed as network function software is dynamically instantiated in various network locations in the network as needed, without requiring the installation of new equipment.
Ensemble Delivers NFV
Ensemble Architecture is the industry’s first open architecture for software-defined services. Designed to support high-performance business services, mobile backhaul, and cloud connectivity, Ensemble optimizes service creation, activation, and assurance by bringing the benefits of the cloud to the metro edge. With this new open architecture that embraces the principles of software defined networking (SDN) and NFV, service providers are able to maximize operational efficiencies and introduce new revenue-generating services faster and easier than ever before.
Benefits of NFV
- Lower hardware costs by replacing dedicated appliances with shared servers
- Speed revenue-generating services to market
- Reduce operational costs with fewer appliances to deploy and maintain
- Support on-demand pay-as-you go deployment models
- Enable Innovation by making it easier to develop network functions
- Deploy virtualized solutions on commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware
Would You Like To Discuss This Further?